Ostomy care is a vital aspect of nursing, and ostomy nurses play a crucial role in helping patients adapt to life after ostomy surgery. One of the most common concerns in ostomy care is preventing leaks around the stoma site. To empower ostomy nurses with the knowledge they need, this blog will delve into the importance of secure adhesion for ostomy patients and provide valuable tips for ensuring leak-free confidence through effective ostomy adhesion. The Importance of Secure Ostomy Adhesion Before we...
Skinister Prosthetic Medical Adhesive Spray (2-4oz)
MSRP From: $29.99
- Silicone Prosthetic Adhesive – Silicone based medical grade adhesive glue for medical appliances.
- Skins Safe Adhesive – Application safe for ostomy appliance, condom catheters, breast forms, insulin pumps, and more.
- Sprayable Application – 2 & 4oz bottle with spray top for easy application.
- Try Skinister Medical Adhesive Drip for precise dispensing.
- Remove with Skinister Medical Adhesive Remover.
- Additional information
- Safety Data Sheet
Medical Grade Prosthetic Adhesive Spray
Skinister Medical Adhesive Spray is skin safe glue designed to adhere silicone prosthetics. Skin safe design for medical uses. Attach silicone mastectomy breast forms and prosthetic nipples. Secure ostomy appliances safely to your skin. Medical adhesive can safely attach eyebrows, body jewelry, and other costume prosthetics.
Use Skinister Medical Adhesive Remover to safely clean prosthetics and remove adhesive in-between applications.
How to apply prosthetic adhesive
- Prepare your skin by washing with soap and water and allow your skin to fully dry.
- Spray Skinister Medical Adhesive to the prosthetic. A thin coat of adhesive is usually more effective than a thick coat.
- Allow Skinister Medical Adhesive to fully dry before applying to skin. The adhesive is suspended in solvent, which needs a few minutes to evaporate.
- Press and hold the prosthetic firmly against the skin. Skinister Medical Adhesive is a pressure sensitive adhesive and maximum strength is achieved by applying pressure for several minutes.
Skinister Medical Adhesive Articles
Many of us have been using Hollister 7730 Adapt Medical Adhesive for years for the treatment of various medical conditions. Early in 2022, Hollister stopped manufacturing the adhesive spray, leaving many wondering what to use to replace the spray. You might be looking for a stoma-friendly water resistant adhesive replacement for your ostomy appliance. Skinister Adhesive Medical Spray is a great alternative to the Hollister Medical Adhesive spray.
Most ostomy wafers will come with a layer of adhesive already applied. However, the thin adhesive layer might not create a strong enough bond to the skin for extended wear. This can sometimes cause discomfort or leakage. Skinister Medical Adhesive can be applied in addition to this adhesive to help provide a secure seal and maintain your skin health.
2oz, 4oz, 2oz • 12-Pack Carton, 4oz • 12-Pack Carton
You may also like…
Skinister Prosthetic Medical Adhesive Drip (1oz)MSRP From: $21.99
Skinister Prosthetic Medical Adhesive Remover (2-4oz)MSRP From: $16.99